Filipino Bacon

A satirical website about the filipino customs and cultures.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Karaoke

Nearly 95% of all filipino households have a karaoke machine. Either it is a DVD player or just a simple microphone with a memory chip, that piece of shit is worthless. The songs the family members and/or their friends sing are all boring shit music. I am so fucking boared of this piece of shit. They do not let me sing because I sing "Last Resort" from Papa Roach or "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine. Don't get me wrong...I love alternative music...Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Offspring, Linkin Park, Godsmack. It is my taste, and so-called Pinays hate my music. They say that my music is so fucking loud while they keep on playing R&B or that cheap techno loud. Fucking hypocrites. I listen whatever music I want. I do not need to conform with the fucking typical filipino code. This is America. I do not give a shit if those filipinos call me a cocky whitewash moron. Who gives a shit what they think. I am being unique, and I am damn fucking proud of it. I can sing karaoke loud because to me it is fun. I can go to a pub in town and sing it loud. Everyone had fun. And I love fun, not that boring shit that those fucking pinays sing. Yeah, a whole bunch of female William Hungs fucking bores me. I would rather watch the paint dry than to hear that boring shit. And any filipino dude who sings R&B must be a fucking faggot.

If you do not like this post, feel free to bitch about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger ViZion said...

hi again. only now that i noticed that you're half filipino. although you say that that this "filipino bacon" is intended for "fun" and not to offend anyone, you do and it goes back to you because you are half-filipino. i think that somehow, you are hurting your own self. on the other hand, it will work well for you as some people caring enough responds to your posts. good responses can help educate you on your "other side" culture. karaoke. i agree, it is quite boring. but to many filipinos, it is a time of bonding. generally, the common filipinos love to sing.
so one way to connect with those they love is to do together what they love doing which is singing.
of course, karaoke also helps them develop their skill in singing. i am a missionary and respect every part of culture of the people i stay with. there is always for most part a very good reason behind doing something. go home to philippines and you'll see that in most family affairs, one highlight of events is karaoke singing from kids to oldies. join them at least for once and you'll see that you will enjoy maybe not the singing on the karaoke itself, but the time of being "one" with them in something they do. your cousins will love you for trying to do what they do or for going "down" to their level. that was what Jesus did. He came down to earth and became man to let us know how much He loves us.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home